Do you want to know what size air compressor for framing nailer? If so, then you are in the right place. Before using framing nailers, you need to choose an air compressor that will work with it.
The size of the air compressor depends on how much power you need and how often you are using your framing nailer. Usually, you should use 4.0 CFM air compressor. It means that 90 PSI size is pretty enough for your framing nailer.
In this content, I’m going to share with you the exact size of an air compressor for different purposes. So, without further any due, let’s get started!
The exact size: What Size Air Compressor For Framing Nailer?
If you choose the wrong air compressor, you will end up with a lot of problems. It is important to choose the size of air compressor that will fit your needs. The most common sizes are between 60 to 220 PSI air compressors. The best choice is to go for an 90 to 120 PSI model as it is more powerful and provides better performance.
Some people do not like the 220 PSI model. Due to too heavy and they have to carry it around. If you are one of those people, then we suggest going for a 90 PSI model. The good thing about this size is that it will fit in your car’s trunk without any problems.
There are many models to choose from. We suggest you go for a portable air compressor. This is because it will be easy to move around with you and store in your garage. We will discuss the portable compressor later. Read on!
Benefits of portable air compressor
If you did not hear about the portable air compressor before, you are probably wondering what it is and what it does. This useful device can be used in many different ways. It is one of the most versatile tools that you have at home. Here are 5 benefits that you should know:
1) It saves time: The most obvious benefit of an air compressor is that it saves you a lot of time. You don’t have to manually fill up the nail gun with nails each time. Instead, just connect the device to your portable compressor and fill up its tank with air.
2) It’s convenient: You can easily move around with your nail gun and compressor attached together. It will be much easier to reach those hard-to-reach spots in your home or office.
3) Improves safety: Using a portable air compressor for framing the nailer is safer than manually filling up the nail gun each time. Because it reduces human error. Thus, you can be safe.
4) Enhances efficiency: You can finish your work faster with a nail gun efficiency. It also helps you save time and money.
5) Easy to use: You can easily inflate your nail gun with a portable air compressor. The process is simple and straightforward. It makes it user-friendly. Anyone can use this without too much effort.
How big of a compressor do i need for a framing nailer?
Previously, I have already mentioned that 60 to 220 PSI air compressors are available on the market. I’m just suggesting you that go with the right and away from the wrong one.
The size of the compressor for a quality framing nailer depends on where you are going to use it. 90 PSI is good if you use it in a small room or garage. But, if you need to use it in a large area, then go with a higher PSI rating compressor. Normally, in industry, a compressor size is recommended according to the size of the nailer.
Here are two considerations that industrious people follow:
1) A framing nailer can consume up to 20 GPM. So, if you want to use your nailer for a long time, then go with higher PSI rating compressors.
2) Most people use their framing nailers in a small room or garage. In this case, you can go with a 90 PSI compressor. However, if you are going to use it in an industrial environment, then get a 125 PSI compressor.
CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor: Best Air Compressor For Framing Nailer
Buying a compressor is an easy task but choosing one is a hard task. The market is flooded with hundreds of models and brands. With so many options to choose from, it can be a daunting task to find the right one. But don’t worry, we are here to help you out! Let’s see some details about the CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor:
CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor is one of the best Compressors that is specifically used for the framing nailer. You can get a lot of benefits to use this compressor. This Compressor is a heavy-duty product. It has a large tank capacity which will give you the freedom to work for hours without any break.
So, what’s its specialty?
1) The best thing about this compressor is that it gives you lots of power to run multiple tools at one time with ease. It comes with three nozzles. So you can adjust them according to your needs.
2) Another specialty of this compressor is its long hose. The length of the hose gives you a lot of space to move around. So, if you are working in a large area then CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor will be the best option for you.
3) The last special feature that makes this compressor special is that it has an air filter. This can help you clean the air before using them.
Now, you can ask me, “Can I get all sizes?” Yes, the company offers people different sizes according to their needs. You can choose from 60 PSI to 220 PSI.
Is cordless Framing Nailer worth?
If you have to complete a remote job often, then you should choose a cordless nailer rather than a corded one. You can use it anywhere and anytime you want to without having to worry about the availability of power sources.
During the COVID pandemic, many peoples lost their own job. As a professional, we need to be prepared for any situation. In this case, you can use a cordless nailer to help you complete your task without having to worry. You can always depend on it if you have a limited time to finish a job.
Though it has a lot of benefits, it’s not out of the drawbacks. Here are some drawbacks that you should know before making any decision:
1) The first drawback is the expense of cordless nailers. Compared to other types of nailers, it’s more expensive since it needs a battery and charger. But if you’re looking for an efficient tool for a long time, then this is not a big deal for you.
2) Another drawback is that they are not as powerful as corded models. If you need to use them regularly, then I suggest that you get one with higher amperage.
Do battery powered nail guns need to be oiled?
Actually NO! The battery-powered nail guns don’t need to be oiled. Some people say that battery-powered nail guns need to be oiled, but this is not true. There is a common myth in society that using power tools that need to be oiled will help them last longer and work better. The only reason why you should use oil on battery-powered nail guns is for maintenance purposes.
If you do it, the oil will affect the performance of your battery powered nail gun. Moreover, if you use too much oil, your battery powered nail gun will not work properly. If you want to make sure that your battery-powered nail gun is working well, then all you need to do is clean it regularly.
You should keep it in good condition. If you don’t want to spend extra money on it, don’t forget it.
Finally, I want to tell you that choosing a size of an air compressor depends on your budget. Besides, it also depends on the type of work you will do with it and whether or not you want to use other tools with the compressor.
If you plan to use a framing nailer, then I recommend buying a compressor that can deliver at least 5 cfm at 90 psi. It’s better to buy a larger compressor. You can use it for other tools too in the future.
So, guys, now we are at the end of the content. If you know more about air compressors, then write your comments in the comment section below. Thanks for your great effort.