PORTER-CABLE FR350B Full Round Framing Nailer
PORTER-CABLE FR350B Full Round Framing Nailer is beneficial to use because of its adjustable driving depth. You can adjust this exhaust without using any additional tool which makes your work more easier. You can load 60 nails at a time in the magazine which also great to use. Because you don’t have to reload it after firing 20-30 nails. There are many more unique features of it which are given below along with Porter cable fr350b review.
• Lightweight at just 7.3 pounds
• Power to drive nails up to 3-1/2-inch by 0.131-inch into engineered lumber
• Tool-free adjustable depth of drive for proper setting of nail heads
• Selectable trigger with trigger lockout for restrictive or contact actuation mode
• Comes with low nail lockout that alerts users to reload the nail in the magazine
• works with any air compressor that can deliver 70-120 PSI
• Adjustable exhaust
• Magazine Capacity: maximum of 60 nails.
• Product Dimensions: 21 x 5 x 15 inches
• Reversible rafter hook
• Power Source air-powered
- Lightweight: PORTER-CABLE FR350B 3-1/2-Inch Full Round Framing Nailer is very lightweight to use for long hours. If you want a nailer which is light to hold for long hours then this software is really good. Actually, you can compare it with professional nailers. Because professionals always seek to find an easy to hold nailer as they get themselves engage for long hours in their workplace. In such a situation, they obviously need a nailer which they can hold for a long time without any stress. The weight of porter cable framing nailer fr350b is only 7.3 pounds.
- Strong grip: The grip of porter cable framing nailer fr350b is very comfortable. Another nailer' s grip is not tight enough for a long time. It doesn't tightly stick with your hand so you often the nailer slips from the hand while holding it. But this will not happen in PORTER-CABLE FR350B 3-1/2-Inch Full Round Framing Nailer.
- No jamming: porter cable framing nailer fr350b doesn't jam for multiple times. The rate of the jam in this porter cable framing nailer fr350b is very low. Sometime, you may not face any jam after loading a hundred nails in the magazine. The low rate of jam is also plus point in the list of its benefits than other nailers in the market.
- Trigger lock: The trigger lock in this porter cable framing nailer fr350b prevents the risk of misfires. You can lock the trigger to ensure the safety of you. It is also safe for your kids. Your kids may find it and start to play with it. However, if you keep it locked, they will not harm themselves due to misfires.
- Ease of use: PORTER-CABLE FR350B 3-1/2-Inch Full Round Framing Nailer is very easy to use. The depth exhauster is adjustable to use in a multidirectional way. The rafter hook is also reversible. So you can turn it to the left or right side as you want. All this saves your time and boosts the speed of the work.
- Power of the air compressor: The power of its air compressor is 70-120 psi which is enough to put the nail into the surface deeply. Without such power, you will not able to pore it in the deepest portion of the surface.
Cons with the solution
- Little bigger: The weight of the nail is light but the length is quite in comparison to other pneumatic nailers in the market.
- Solution: Naturally pneumatic nailers are bigger in comparison to other nailers in the market. That’s why it is slightly bigger to hold 60 nails at a time in its magazine.
- Wastage of four nails: Because of preventing dry locks, it stops working while there are four nails remain in the magazine. The nailer will start again after loading nails in the magazine. So you have to remove those four nails to reload the magazine. It results in wastage of four nails.
- Solution: It is designed for the safety purpose of its user. So you should forgo the wastage of four nails in order to save yourself from dry firing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: What are the nail specs for this nailer?
- Answer: The owner's manual specifies either 21 or 22-degree angle nails. See the earlier answer for other details.
- Question: Anyone able to recommend a good small compressor to go with this? I'm fitting out a new home shop, I want to be sure I have enough air capacity.
- Answer: It depends on how much you are nailing, these don't take a large compressor even if you are a pro. A small pancake compressor is all you need in almost all cases.
- Question: Will this work with a 2 1/2 inch nail?
- Answer: Yes-Power to drive nails up to 3-1/2-in x 0.131-in into engineered lumber -21 degree - 2 in. x 0.113 in a Great tool
- Question: The Porter-Cable manual on its website lists this as using clipped head nails and not full round head nails, which is it?
- Answer: The FR350 uses round nails. The FC350 uses clipped nails.
- Question: Can this be used with a 150 psi air compressor?
- Answer: Adjust the pressure to the required pressure for the tool being used. Most tools need less pressure, not 150 psi. It is a good nail gun.
From the overall analysis, we can say that PORTER-CABLE FR350B Full Round Framing Nailer has many safety measures to protect yourself from accidents while using it. For example, when you are not using it, you can use a safety trigger lock to prevent any misfire. Moreover, it also gives you the alert when there are four nails in the magazine to prevent any dry fire.