Do you want to install window casings, trim furniture, decorate your house, and more woodwork? We give you NuMax SFN64 Straight Finish Nailer 16 Gauge. Now you can do all those things with one of the best 16-gauge finish nailers at a very reasonable price.
In this post, you’ll find about the things you can do with this straight finish naile. NuMax SFN64 is great for interior and exterior finish and trim work, baseboards, furniture, cabinet shoe, and crown molding, window casing, chair rail moulding, crown moulding and much more. It is also an ideal nailer for DIYers.
With an adjustable depth adjustment wheel system, you’ll easily do various jobs mentioned above. In this 16-gauge finish nailer review, we’ll cover almost everything you need to know about NuMax 16-gauge straight finish nailer. Let’s start with the quick specification department. Don’t go away before reading our final reviewed conclusion on NuMax finish nailer.
Straight finish depth of nail are ideal for both interior and exterior jobs such as borders, furniture, cabinets, base board, shoe and crown molding, window frames, chair rail molding and more– true to its name.
Power: Compressed air (pneumatic)
Nail Lengths:1″ to 2 ½”
Nail type:16 Gauge
Nail Capacity: 100
Pressure: 70-110 psi
Dimension (W x H x L): 5” x13” x13”
Weight: 5 lbs.
Magazine Load: Top loading
1. The super-strong body is designed with die-cast aluminum. It is lightweight and compact in design.
2. This is a 16-Gauge straight finish nailer that uses 1″ to 2-1/2″ nails for molding, chair rails, door casing, cabinetry, furniture trim construction, etc.
3. The magazine can hold 100 nails per load and easy reloading from the top improves efficiency.
4. It features pneumatic tool-free depth adjustment, tool resistant, quick jam release, and adjusting 360-degree air exhaust.
5. A no-mar tip helps minimize work traces for quicker finishing.
6. For a clean workspace, it has an anti-dust cap and an internal air filter.
This is a very powerful yet gentle pneumatic straight finish nailer. You’ll have to provide compressed air to power up this gun. The nailer works between 70 to 110 psi. You must be thinking that buying an extra air compressor cost you more making this nailer not so inexpensive anymore. But think about all the other things you can do with your air compressor.
The recommended operating pressure (PSI) for this nail gun is 70, with a minimum air delivery of 1 to 5 SCFM @ 90 PSI. The gauge of the nails is 16, and the angle is 180 degrees, while the power source is air.
For different types of jobs, you’ll need different nail guns. But as a homeowner, you might want to buy just one. So, the right choice is a 16-gauge nailer like this one. They are good for big projects and small projects. NuMax SFN64 Straight Finish Nailer gives you the power to nail for interior and exterior finish and trim work, furniture, cabinet shoe, baseboards, and crown molding, window casing, chair rail molding, and much more.
The design and rubber comfort grip handle will give you maximum comfort and a secure hold during work. With 100 nails capacity, you won’t need to reload too often. It is lightweight and has a compact design to easily work in tight spaces. The magazine has a top-loading feature unlike many of the nail guns in the market.
We could tell that this nailer is very tough as it is made of die-cast aluminum. Long-time work is tiresome with nail guns but using aluminum made this gun lightweight, well-balanced, and tough; all at the same time.
The tool-free mechanism really saves a lot of time for big or small projects and improves efficiency. It has got a tool-less jam release system to release jammed nails quickly. The tool-free depth adjustment is the most useful feature. Because you don’t have to change your air pressure every time with this simple advantage.
You’ve reached the middle point of our review of NuMax SFN64 Straight Finish Nailer 16 Gauge. The gun has many admirable features with some disadvantages. But there are solutions for the cons. Let’s see them and some frequently asked questions.
Change of mind returns will not include reimbursement of original shipping fees, unless stated otherwise.
- 360-degree adjustable exhaust
- Compact size and Light-weight
- Work easily in tight spaces
- Dust cap & no-mar tip
- Rubber grip pads
- Supports any 16-gauge finish nail
- Tool-free depth drive, jam release
- Pressure sensitive
- No box is given
Solution for the Cons
Using a compressor regulator, you can easily overcome pressure sensitiveness. But the one con that made us upset is no box given for the tool. Not even the cardboard made ones. We request NuMax to provide a box at least for temporary storing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Q: Is it possible for face nailing 3/4″ Oak hardwood floors? Ans: Yes, face-nailing and blind-nailing, both are allowed to do with this straight finish nailer. Just be cautious to leave enough spaces from the edge or it could split the end.
- Q: Is it possible to use 18-gauge nails? Ans: No, only 16-gauge nails are acceptable.
- Q: Do I have to buy an air compressor for this one? Ans: Yes, you have to buy one as this is a pneumatic finish nailer. But you’ll be able to use the air compressor for many other things. So, it won’t be a loss.
- Q: Is this an oil-free maintenance nailer? Ans: No, you should use a few drops of oil after every time you use it. This will make sure of its smooth performance every time.
- Q: Does NuMax provide any case or box with this nail gun? Ans: No, unfortunately, they don’t provide any.
- Q: Which is the way to load nails? Ans: It is a top reloading nailer which improves efficiency at work.
You can Also search for following facts: More Knowledge on NuMax SFN64 Straight Finish Nailer 16 Gauge
Under some conditions, these items may be able to receive compensation or exchange (i.e. if you get the wrong item because of Amazon AU mistake or if it is a faulty item).
- Numax sfn64
- Numax sfn64 review
- Numax sfn64 pneumatic 16-gauge 2-1/2″ straight finish nailer
- Numax finish nailer
- Numax tools
- Numax nailer
- 16 gauge nailer uses
- 16 gauge nail gun
- Best 16 gauge finish nailer
- Jammed fastener
- Accuracy of fastener placement
Despite their small size, finish nails are exceptionally strong and these nailers make them a must-have in any pro’s toolbox. We are recommending this finish nailer for its amazing performance and durability at a very reasonable price. We’re not the only ones to love this product. With good rating, it is one of the most favorite finish nailers in the market. Click here to see all the ratings and reviews from Amazon on NuMax SFN64 Straight Finish Nailer 16 Gauge.