Imagine working with a powerful nail gun. Working fast, getting the job done but found something very disturbing at the end. You noticed the wood surface we were working on is scratched. The job is done but the satisfaction is still five miles away. It would be very nice to have a nailer that can get the job done with 100% satisfaction. I give you Makita brad nailer AF505N. Makita is renowned in the nail gun industry for their top quality products. The model AF505N Makita made works smoothly without leaving any scratch or damage on the wood. Makita brad nailer has the advantages of an ideal brad nail gun. It is popular among homeowners and DIY project makers. Makita AF505N is perfect for light construction works and not heavy duty works. There are other guns in the market for professionals to do heavy construction.After a quick specification of Makita AF505N Brad Nailer, 2-Inch nail gun, we’ll know all about it in a descriptive Makita brad nailer review.
- Brand: Makita
- Model: AF505N
- Type: Pneumatic (Air Nailer)
- Nail: 18 Gauge nails with 5/8” to 2” in length
- Capacity: 100 nails
- Operating Pressure: 60-115 PSI
- Dimension: 9-3/8” x10-1/4” x 2.5” (H x L x W)
- Weight: 3 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 year
Features of Makita 18-gauge brad nailer are perfect to do a wide range of finish applications.A quick summary is given here and detailed points will be further ahead.
- Quickly release jammed nails by a tool-less mechanism that opens nail guide assembly fast
- Tool-free depth adjustment for precise nailing
- Doing nailing in confined areas made easy with narrow nose design.
- Nailing without damaging or putting scratches on woods with non-marring rubber nose and bumpers.
- Easy-to-carry feature with tool hook that can rotate 180° and keep it out of your way.
- For precise contact, we’ve cast and machined nose piece.
- You can avoid blank shots with the help of a dual nail reload indicator window.
- Exhaust air is directed away from the user by a multi-directional exhaust port that rotates 360°.
- Improved comfort handling is ensured by the rubberized soft grip.
- You should work at a minimum recommended air delivery of 1.5 SCFM @ 90PSI
- Makita gives a 3-year limited warranty for Makita AF505N.
Japanese are renowned for their build quality and wonderfully finished products. Makita is in the business for over 90 years and they have perfected the design and durability of nail guns. The body of the nailer is strong and able to do long-day work. Holding Makita brad nailer gives comfort feeling with its rubberized soft grip. You can rely on its quality.
Makita pneumatic brad nailer AF505N model uses nails with the diameter of 18-gauge and nail length from 5/8” to 2”. It’s light-weight weighing only 3 pounds which gives you working fast. For precise nailing experience, you’ll need to do depth adjustments. But manual adjustments take so much time and hampers workflow. So, Makita AF505N has tool-free depth adjustment feature. We also have cast and machined nose piece which will give you tension free working experience.It’s very difficult to nail in confined spaces. But Makita brad nailer has a narrow nose design to make the work easy for you.
It is really mighty because of its capacity and design. You can load 100 nails at a time and you don’t have to reload too often. The magazine has a Dual nail reload indicator window that warns you before you run out of nails. Because empty shots can damage the surface you’re working on. The design of the magazine has downsized the time to load.
We all know that no pain, no gain. But I can assure you that the model AF505N Makita made will make you a gainer with almost no pain. All of its tool-less features made me say, no-pain nailer.The tool-less depth adjustment dial allows you to do a wide range of finish applications. And tool-less quick-release option with cam-lock opens its nail guide assembly to clear the jammed nail quickly and efficiently.Almost every nail has tool hook to keep the tool close-by but they all come in the way Makita brad nailer AF505N relieves you from the pain by 180° rotating tool hook. It also includes 360° rotating exhaust port to direct exhaust air from the user.
Makita pneumatic brad nailer AF505N has various safety features. Its Non-marring rubber nose and bumpers ensure safety for wooden surfaces from scratching. It features dual nail reload indicator window for you to warn before empty shots. AF505N also makes the user safe from exhaust air by flowing it to other directions.
Makita AF505N Brad Nailer, 2-Inchnail gun has a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty but most probably you won’t have to call for warranty claims. Makita AF505N review is almost done. But before I go, let’s check out the pros and cons of the product.
- Strong and durable body
- Maintenance-free product
- Tool-less mechanism for depth-adjustment
- Tool-less mechanism to release jammed nail
- 180° rotating belt hook
- Nose tip for scratch-free nailing
- Precise nailing in confined places
- Light-weight for fast working
- Comfortable grip made of rubber
- An air compressor is needed
- It gets jammed sometimes
- Breaks or stops working in some cases
Solution for the cons
The air compressor you’ll need makes it a little bit costly but it will give you other advantages. An air compressor is really helpful for daily needs. You can do many other works with your air compressor. Jamming is a matter that can be solved in seconds. Makita AF505N solves it with tool-free quick-release feature to free jammed nails easily.If you do heavy construction works, then you might end up damaging or breaking the product. All small or light construction works are smoothly done by it causing no problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Can I use it for tin ceiling applications?
- A: Yes, it’ll do the job well.
- Q: Do they provide case with the unit?
- A: The unit comes with a small case that can store the gun only.
- Q: What is the maximum nail length?
- A: You can use nails ranging from 5/8” to 2” and a diameter of 18-gauge.
- Q: Does it have a dry fire lockout?
- A: Yes, it has a dry fire lockout which means it’ll not fire if there are no nails in the magazine.
Final words for Makita pneumatic brad nailer AF505N model are already said. It’s a reliable and safe nail gun to use frequently. Check the price of Makita AF505N Brad Nailer, 2-Inch nail gun on Amazon before it runs out of stock.