The revolution of technology is the common thread behind the brand Hitachi. That makes the company superior in many things from their competitors’ brands. From the birth of this company delivers us innovative technologies that improved our day to day life. Design and durability are the bottom lines for Hitachi powered tools. Talking about the Hitachi NR90AES1 Plastic Collated Framing Nailer first we have to appreciate its next-generation industrial design. They make it light (only 7.5 pounds) but durable and vigorous enough to hear nailing. There were a lot of things to tell you here about this nailing gun. I hope you folks will read this Hitachi framing nailer reviews till the end. First, read the specification at a glance.
“Disclaimer – Hitachi brand new name is Metabo HPT”
- Part Number: NR90AES1
- Origin: Taiwan
- Full Product Weight: 10 pounds
- Dimensions: 1x1x1 inches
- Size: 2” – 3-1/2.”
- Style of work: Only Farming Nailer
- Source of Power: Air-powered
- Collation: Plastic
- Jam cleaner: Open Nose
- Dry Fire: No
- Batteries: No
Hitachi has added plenty of new features to this item. Some are so much useful. The addition of a newly redesigned head guard allows you for a faster and easier disassembly process. It also weights low but provides you a power nailing experience. The selection of switch change gives you the benefit of quickly change between bump or sequential fires. For fastener replenishment, you can now use the help of a two-step loading feature that will make your work quicker and reduce your downtime. Let’s talk about it in detail.
Addition of new head guard
The head guard allows you for quicker disassembly during the maintenance of tools. It also adds some extra good look to it in my opinion.
It may seem to you that it’s a normal farming nail with which you cannot do any heavy work. But you will be wrong when you have started to work with that. It’s a beast. Can nail with enough power though it weighs only around 7.5 pounds. It is very minimal, lightweight, easy to lift and you will get a good handling grip while one hand was working.
Selection of switch
The selective actuation switch allows the transitions between sequential and contact nailing quick.
Hitachi nr90aes1 uses a 21-degree angle to nail. It is the most common nail degree of every nailing gun though. You can drive 2-3.5 inch nails easily without having any issues. And you will get the two-piece magazine in use with a total nail capacity of 64.
You cannot get this feature on each of the nailing guns. But if you are a professional or have experience in this nailing work before, you can understand how bad it is for a nailing gun falling from a high height. If that happens, that means the end of that gun 99% of the time. This Hitachi NR90AES1 Plastic Collated Framing Nailer allows you to replace the magazine easily which may prevent drops harmless in most circumstances.
You will be not only able to change the depth with ease but also able to change the driving mode of Hitachi nr90. You will get both the single and multiple firing modes. It would be better to switch this nailer to rapid-fire for nailing quickly when you are in commercial work.
Open nose design
This feature provides you easy access to clear nail jams. So you will not any hassle cleaning up the tools.
One thing that I like most about an air-powered nailer is that it keeps its noise very low. It gives me the fluency and efficiency of my work. I think this is the major feature Hitachi has added to this gun over the gas-powered models which are very loud.
- Fast maintenance for using the head guard can cause jamming
- Heavy power with up to 120 PSI that gives a beast performance
- Multiple nailing options. Which will give you the option of choosing a contact or sequential nailing
- Tool-less depth adjustment feature. That will eliminate the need for compressor pressure changes
- Has two-piece magazine which will minimize your cost and gives you easy repairs option
- The Heat from too much power
- No rafter hook
Frequently Asked Questions (Q&A)
- Q: Is there a flush tip available for this model?
- A: No. But there is a depth adjustment knob with the control of the depth and flushness.
- Q: For what purposes this gun is accurate?
- A: Home and moderately commercial use.
- Q: Can it shoot 0.148-inch diameter?
- A: The interior nails for this gun are a 0.141. But you can use up to 0.149, and they worked well in ours.
- Q: Can rafter hook add after buying?
- A: Yes you can.
- Q: What is the difference between the nr90aes1 and the (older?) nr90aes?
- A: Better magazine is used in this new one.
- Q: Is it good for one-hand use?
- A: Yes. This Hitachi nr90aes1 has a good hand grip.
This Hitachi NR90AES1 Plastic Collated Framing Nailer may not be the best nailer, but it is the Hitachi’s best-priced model under 200$. Hitachi framing nail gun price is so affordable that anyone who want to do DIY projects on their own they can buy it. Of course, I would prefer Hitachi nr90aes1 over Hitachi nr90. Why? I have mentioned it throughout my reviews. You can check out Hitachi Framing Nailer NR90 review if you need a more heavy and sturdy nailing gun.
Need more reviews? Our Q&A section is always open for you folks. You can ask us anything about your nailer problems or if you confuse to choose which next framing nailer would be the best for you. We are here to help you.