If you ask me what I love about Nailer guns, I’ll give you one answer. A maintenance-free tool with ‘ready-to-go anytime’ feature. Which Nailer will give me something like that?I present to you DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit.A long-lasting Dewalt brad Nailer with maintenance-free motor will make you love nailing.This is a pneumatic model. And pneumatic models are more popular than electric models.It is also powered by the air compressor which makes it more power to operate. It gives it more power than other nailers in the market.It’s simply because pneumatic nail guns are lightweight and you can work faster with them for both small scale and large scale jobs. People also love it because it doesn’t cost much like other types of Nailer. Pneumatic nail guns are very powerful and can easily sink 3.5” nails.
- Brand: Dewalt
- Model: DWFP12231
- Type: Pneumatic (Air Nailer)
- Nail: 18 Gauge nails with 5/8” to 2” in length
- Capacity: 100 nails
- Operating Pressure: 70-120 PSI
- Firing Mode: Sequential
- Dimension: 9.5” x 9.5” x 2.3” (H x L x W)
- Weight: 2.6 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 years
Features of Dewalt 18-gauge brad Nailer are very impressive. A quick summary is given here and description of each point will be further ahead.
- Staining the work surface is ensured by a maintenance-free motor with the long-lasting build quality
- Depth-of-drive adjustment is tool-free for perfect nailing each time
- A jam release mechanism is also tool-free for removing nail easily
- To keep contaminates away, Dewalt DWFP12231 uses rear exhaust
- It can drive 18 gauge nails with length from 5/8" to 2"
- Strong & lightweight design is possible because of its magnesium body
- The tool can be kept near the user by an adjustable belt hook
- We have removable non-marring nose tip with on tool storage
- Unique and improved handling comfort by an integrated rubber grip
- Easy sequential style trigger for fast work
- Sample Brad nails, one carrying case, and owner’s manual comes with the package
It is true that works are delayed if the gun for nailing is too heavy. Keeping in mind that fact, Dewalt brad Nailer is made using magnesium. This makes it strong and durable at the same time. Talking about light-weight, this model only weighs about 2.6 pounds.
Nail diameter of 18 gauge and length from 5/8” to 2” is usable with Dewalt DWFP12231. As I said before, its light-weight feature makes it super easy and quick to nail. Also, we have sequential trigger mechanism for fast nailing.The design is user-friendly. It has integrated rubber grip so that it doesn’t slip off. Using plastic in the handlebar can cause slipping as hand sweats.Depth adjustment is a vital feature for any nail gun. Using tools to adjust depth is a real pain in the ass. Because often the small tools are lost in workplace and it also consumes time. Dewalt brad Naileroffers tool-free depth adjustment feature to make your nailing experience as smooth as possible.
I’m calling it mighty because of its capacity and quality and design. Firstly, the magazine can contain 100 nails at a time. As a result, you don’t need to reload too often. Secondly, the magazine case is made of aluminum which makes it strong, durable and light-weight. Thirdly, the design allows quick and easy loading feature which is safe and time-saving.
Dewalt18-gauge brad Nailer can make you gainer with almost no pain. I’m saying no pain because of its few tool-free features. While nailing, you may face two-time consuming facts. One is while adjusting nail depth and another is releasing nails when jammed. These both problem is done by consuming least time with tool-free feature. The tool is almost maintenance-free. So, finish all your jobs without repair costs.
Dewalt brad Nailer is very safe to operate. The tip of the gun is safe and there’s an exhaust safety feature that moves away exhaust air from user. The magazine is compact, side-loading and uses straight nails.
DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit is easy to carry. The adjustable belt hook allows you to it hang it wherever you like. They also give a hard case for safe and easy storage. Finally, you will get a 3 years manufacturer warranty for the unit.Now, it’s time for the good and the bad about the product. We’ll also have the solution to the problems.
• Durability: DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit is durable because of its magnesium body. It causes less chance of mirage on its surface. Fewer chances of mirage increase the stability of the nailer. If you want to use your nailer for three to four years, then Dewalt brad nailer quite reliable for you. Because it guarantees you with a longer lifetime in comparison to other nailers in the market.
• Tool-free mechanism: The tool-free mechanism of this DeWalt cordless brad nailer allows you easy removal of any nail jammed in the nailer. It happens sometimes that a nail got jammed in the nailer and you are not able to proceed unless you remove the nail. However, it becomes tough to remove the nail in the case of some nailers. Dewalt cordless brad nailer gives you that flexibility to remove the jammed nail easily and let you continue your work.
• Maintenance free motor: Dewalt brad nailer cordless has the maintenance-free motor which prevents your surface from stained. In many cases nailing causes stain and damage to the surface over which you are operating your nailer. That surface becomes stained and looks poor because of this. But it won’t happen in this Dewalt brad nailer cordless because it uses the maintenance-free motor which resists your surface from being stained.
• Portability: Dewalt cordless brad nailer is because of its lightweight. The weight of this Dewalt brad nailer cordless is only 4.8 pounds which has made it quite portable to use. Professionals can use this nailer for a long time without having any muscle pain. They can use this Dewalt brad nailer cordless for daylong and non-professionals can also use this for their minor activities. As Dewalt brad nailer cordless is quite portable, they can also carry it with them wherever they want.
Pros in Short
- Ultra-durable Magnesium body
- Maintenance-free motor
- A tool-free mechanism for depth-adjustment
- A tool-free mechanism to release jammed nail
- Adjustable belt hook
- Sequential style trigger
- Precise nailing
- Light-weight for fast working
- Integrated grip made of rubber
Cons with the solution
Not Suitable for large-scale works: Dewalt brad nailer is not suitable for large-scale works actually. It is really best for small-scale works but results in so good in case of large-scale works indeed.
Solution: You can use it for both small and large-scale works. It may happen after using it for a long duration. After some time of rest, it can start its work properly.
Unavailable accessories: The parts of this Dewalt cordless brad nailer is not available in the market. If any part of it gets damaged, the nailer can work properly after replacing that damaged part. So sometimes some parts are not getting easily in the market.
Solution: You have to contact the manufacturers or Amazon as its accessories may not available in local market.
Cons in Short
- You’ve to use an air compressor
- Gets jammed sometimes
- Not for heavy use
- Breaks or stops working after a few months
Firstly, many complain that buying an air compressor for this model ultimately increases the cost. But think about all other things you could do with that compressor. You can use it for spray painting or pump tires and much more. So, having an air compressor is cool.
Secondly, jamming is a common problem in nailing. But Dewalt DWFP12231 makes it easily and quickly solvable by featuring a tool-free mechanism. Jammed nails are not a problem anymore.
Thirdly, considering the price, it’s okay to accept that it’s not for heavy use. Small home owners are its beneficiaries. You can check out some of our high range products for professional heavy uses.
Finally, the complains of breaking down came from the users with heavy use requirements. Use it for simple tasks and you’ll have no complains at all.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Do I need to buy anything else with this product?
- A: Yes, you’ll need an air compressor and air hose pipe if you don’t already have them.
- Q: What is the difference between 18-gauge and 16-gauge?
- A: 18-gauge nails are smaller than 16-gauge nails. 18-gauge nails are recommended because they can hold better and makes small holes that you can patch easily.
- Q: Will this work for baseboard?
- A: As long as the board is not thicker than 0.5”, it will work fine.
- Q: Does it have a bump fire mode?
- A: No, it only has a sequential trigger mode.
- Q: Does it require oiling?
- A: No oiling needed. Without oiling, it just works fine.
- Q: What is the air pressure needed for Dewalt brad Nailer?
- A: 70 -120 PSI is the working pressure for the unit.
Finally, I want to say that considering all the features and price, homeowners are loving this product. Because it's fast, efficient, precise, safe and durable. DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit is more convenient to use than other nailers in the market because of its unique features. Its maintenance-free motor makes it more attractive. It doesn't cause any damage to the surface over which you are nailing your nailer. So despite some drawbacks, the Dewalt cordless brad nailer is much convenient to use for longer time..