Recently, our team has started a small remodeling project to do two things at once. One is to finish the long-awaited remodeling and another is to test and review a 21 degree framing nail gun.So, we chose DEWALT DW325PL Plastic Collated Framing Nailer for our job. We all know that it takes a lot of time and effort to do nailing with a hammer. Since the automatic nail guns come into play, it got thousand times easier. Using air pressure for nailing made it faster and secure. As pneumatic nailer, DEWALT DW325PL is one of the best in the market.In this DEWALT DW325PL review, we’ll talk about its specification, features, pros, and cons with solution, and our thought on this product. Let’s start with the quick specs.
Nail Lengths: 2" to 3-1/4”
Nail Diameter: 21-Degree
Magazine: Rear loading
Nail Capacity: 50
Pressure: 70-120 psi
Dimension (W x H x L): 4.75" x 12.5" x 17.5"
Weight: 7.6 lbs.
Collation Type: Plastic
1. DW325PL is a 21-degree nail gun which has a compact design for tight job site application. You can even do nailing places smaller than 13 inches.
2. Framing needs a long hour of work and patience. With the model DW325PL DEWALT made, you’ll be able to do it quickly, comfortably, and easily.
3. This 21 degree nailer is Lightweight and has a well-balanced design with Tool-free depth of drive adjustment feature.
4. You’ll be able to use both sequential or contact operation for rapid firing or precision placement.
5. The body is constructed with aluminum which guarantees durability. Internal components are protected by an internal air filter.
6. Internal nail retention magnet will not let the last nail to be dropped out.
7. The dry-fire lockout mechanism will prevent blank shots and prevent damages on your working surface.
8. Rafter hook will give you portability and store capability. The no-mar tip will prevent damages while working
DEWALT 21 degree framing nailer is a pneumatic gun that is operated by compressed air of 70 to 120 psi. The air pressure output is very powerful so that you’ll easily and smoothly put nails into engineered lumber. It’s so powerful that you might need to use no-mar tip that comes with the nailer to prevent damages.
DW325PL framing nailer allows nails of 21-degree and 2 to 3-1/4” in length. The nails have to be plastic collated. The magazine capacity is 50 nails per load. It allows both contact and sequential triggers.Contact fire mode is not recommended as it poses greater risk of injuries. Sequential firing mode is shooting one nail at a time.Nailing experience with this nailer is very comforting. Even long hours of work seem no problem at all.You don’t have to worry about finishing nails in the magazine anymore because this framing nailer has dry-fire lockout system. It means you will not dry fire causing damage on your working surface.
The body of DW325PL is made of aluminum. That’s why it is lightweight yet very balanced and durable. Toughness is DEWALT’s other name. Metal housing can take serious blows on the field.The strike plates are metal, not plastic and cover the backside which ensures long lifespan of the gun.
The tool-free depth adjustment feature is really handy while doing framing jobs. You can adjust the pressure on the fly and you finish the job faster than normal. In this way, the work is not only getting quicker but also ensures quality nailing.You will also have tool-free fire mode switching. It means you can switch between contact firing mode and sequential firing mood without using any tool. You can also free jammed nails without using any tools. Accidental jamming needs no more than 1 minute to get cleared. You’d start doing nailing in no time.We’re midway through the DW325PL review. Scroll for some more info and our final thought on DEWALT DW325PL Plastic Collated Framing Nailer.
Solution for the Cons
Yes, nails can be jammed due to various reasons. It is completely normal for any nail gun in the market. The good news is you don’t need any tool to release jammed nails anymore. DEWALT DW325PL has tool-free jammed nail releasing mechanism which will allow you start nailing in no time.
Frequently asked questions
Inside the box, you’ll have the tool along with a ¼” male air fitting, and a user manual. The package comes in a cardboard box. Carrying this nail gun is no pain at all. So far, we are satisfied with this premium finished 21-degree framing nailer from DEWALT. For more info from Amazon to make a final decision on DEWALT DW325PL Plastic Collated Framing Nailer