BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head Framing Nailer
My stupidity is now paying off. Yes, I’m writing this review with a broken finger. How did I do it? Very simple. I’d used the good old fashioned hammer for renovation. Don’t make the same mistake as me. This product is the most popular Nailer type in the market. Bostitch framing nailer will leave a good impression on you because Stanley Black & Decker owns Bostitch. You will get a fast working nail gun at a very low price. We’re going to talk about amazing Specifications and Features of BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head Framing Nailer in detail now. This works with both plastic collated and wire collated nails. If your nail is of wire collated, you can use this nailer and if the nail is of plastic collated, then you also can use this nailer. That's how this Bostitch f21pl has a versatile purpose for which you can use this nailer. The Bostitch framing nailer is compatible with both wire and plastic collated nails which makes it two in one instrument.
If you want something strong, reliable, fast, easy to use, you are in the right spot. Bostitch F21PL is perfect for framing, sheathing, subflooring, and bracing jobs. It is far more powerful than gas or battery-powered ones.
Bostitch Framing Nailer F21PL runs on compressed air. You’ll need an air compressor for this beast to run. The biggest advantage of air-powered nailing guns is that it can do things that battery or gas-powered Nailer can’t do. It’s so powerful that it puts 1020 in/lbs. If you already have an air compressor, you’re ready to go. But if you don’t, buy one with the F21PL model.
You will have 60 nails to go per clip. For plastic collated nails, the minimum size of the nails would be 2” and the maximum size would be 3.5”. For sire collated nails, the minimum size of the nails would be 1.5” and the maximum size would be 2.5”.You can easily nail on thin metal sheets or tough wooden materials. The force it creates is enough to do work fast. Apart from that Bostitch framing Nailer offers two nailing options in one. It includes two nosepieces in one. One nosepiece you can use for framing and another for metal applications. Its unique patented feature of the push-button adjustable guide allows you to nail according to your desired depth.
The model F21PL Bostitch is very strong and reliable. It has lightweight magnesium housing which gives it super strength and durability while making it not too heavy. The weight it has makes it stable and ensures precise nailing experience.
Easy to Use
The most amazing feature in Bostitch framing Nailer review is its easiness to use. Holding the gun, you will feel the steadiness. It has two triggers. One is for sequential fire and another is for bump fire. The magazine has markings for quick measurement between studs up to 16 inches. The safety guard feature prevents all kinds of accidents. The nail will only come out when you push the gun to the surface. The rubber grip prevents slipping.
Bostitch Framing Nailer F21PL model comes with an adjustable rafter hook. Carrying the tool from one place to another is very easy. You can carry it easily in your working belt while launch or doing something else.
Bostitch f21pl framing Nailer has amazing pricing. It is much cheaper than many other nailing guns compared to its quality and brand value. Hassel-free tools are generally expensive but this one is affordable. Tell if I’m wrong to say it’s a great deal for BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head Framing Nailer with a 7-year limited warranty. Last but not least, I’m finishing the Bostitch f21pl review with some pros and cons. The solution to the problems is also given.
Wide range of nails size
You can accommodate a wide range of nails sizes - 1-1/2” - 3-1/2”. So this wide range of nail sizes is adaptable in this Bostitch f21pl framing nailer. F21pl provides you the opportunity to use these multiple sizes of nails in a single nailer. Moreover, you don't have to buy different nailers for different size of the nails. You can adjust this different size of nails in one single nailer.
60 nails magazine capacity
The magazine capacity of this Bostitch f21pl is for sixty nails which are great in comparison with other nailers. At a single nailer, you will get the opportunity to load 60 nails. This capacity is much reasonable and cost-effective in comparison with other nailers.
The weight of this BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head 1-1/2-Inch to 3-1/2-Inch Framing Nailer with Positive Placement Tip and Magnesium Housing is 8.1 lbs which makes it easy to handle for a long time. If the weight of the nailer is heavy to hold for a long time then it will cause muscle pain for the user, especially for professional users. But this Bostitch f21pl belongs to very lightweight which makes it convenient to use even for beginners also.
This aids you to have a clear view of the nailing area. This part of the Bostitch f21pl framing nailer is very much important for any nailer as well as for the user who is using this. Without the clear vision of the nailing area, the user won't understand where the nail has got jammed or where the problem is. So it is a slanted magazine which allows you to view the nailing area. This essential element is present in f21pl which has made it trustworthy to its users.
The handles of this f21pl are made of rubber. The rubber makes it convenient for the user to grip it with ease. The grip section is also made of other material in other nailers which is a mistake for any nailer. The grip section should be made of rubber which is best to have a strong grip with any instrument to hold. Bostitch f21pl framing nailer has used rubber for its grip section which has made it convenient for any user to hold it strongly for a long time tightly.
It is Bostitch f21pl framing nailer that gives you the nailing capacity for both woody and metal objects. That how this f21pl is proved to be as cost-effective also. You will have two guns in one due to this f21pl Bostitch.
- Wonderful adjustable depth feature and it is precise every time
- Very powerful than other Nailer guns
- Rubber grip for steady handling
- Quick and easy access to the nosepiece with two different nosepieces
- Load and lock mechanism of the magazine with 60 nails capacity
Cons with the solution
1. Gun freezes in the cold: It has complained that this Bostitch f21pl got frozen during cold weather. As it is kept in the drawer, it got freeze because the weather surrounding it was cold for a long time.
Solution: If your Bostitch framing nailer f21pl got a freeze during cold weather, then you can keep this to get it in normal temperature. As it is a rare case but you should better keep it in a normal for some time until it gets back into its normal temperature.
2. Doesn't work for sheeting: This f21pl Bostitch doesn't work for sheeting. If you want to cover your window with sheets, then this will not as good as for framing.
Solution: Bostitch framing nailer f21pl is used for framing purposes. If you want to attach a cabinet with your wall, you can use this Bostitch framing nailer with great comfort. But it may not work as good as framing in n other cases. So if you want to use it for sheeting, you may not the same type of result.
Firstly, you may face difficulties adjusting the custom depth option. Because if not careful enough, you may put nails in your finger. But once you’ve figured it out, it’s a dream come true advantage. If you already have an air compressor, you are in a sweet spot. I would say buy this thing immediately but think twice if you don’t have an air compressor. It would cost you more.
Secondly, the last problem is a real downer. I don’t know what Bostitch was thinking. Maybe they did it for safety measures, but still, it’s a pain to switch modes like that.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Is there any difference between F21PL and F21PL2?
- A: Yes, the only difference is that the F21PL2 kit does not come with the Metal Connector Nailer nose.
- Q: Is there any difference between a round head and a clipped head Nailer?
- A: Yes, they have a different kind of pistons. Some states don’t allow clipped head nails for construction. Experts suggest not to waste time with clipped head Nailer.
- Q: How to power it?
- A: 30 gallon or 6-gallon air tank can be used to power it. According to your work requirement, choose the volume of the air tank.
- Q: is it hard to find nails for the tool?
- A: No, the nails for Bostitch F21PL framing Nailer can be easily found in your nearby hardware stores.
- Q: Does it come with a case or not?
- A: No, unfortunately, they don’t provide hard cases as Dewalt does.
- Q: How to decide compatible nails for this product?
- A: You will find that each nail has a degree of angle. For Bostitch F21PL, you’ll need 21-degree nails.
- Q: Can I shoot 1.5” nails in a material 5/8” thick?
- A: You will find no problem doing that. Just keep the pressure down to 50 psi and you’re good to go.
- Q: Can I shoot 3”-3.5” nails using a metal connector tip?
- A: No, you have to change the tip to shoot 3.5” nails. Maximum 2.5” nails you can shoot with the metal connector tip.
- Q: Which air compressor would be better?
- A: PORTER-CABLE 6-gallon air compressor is good enough for work. You can buy a larger compressor for more work. This compressor will give you 135 psi air pressure.
At first, it takes much time to understand the mechanism of using a nailer. Professionals take this easy as they use this instrument daily and know its ins and outs. But this experience is not available for a non-professional person. F21pl makes it possible to learn about many things about it due to its user-friendly interface. That's why Bostitch framing nailer is easy to use for professionals and non-professional as well. Watch a hands-on review of BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head Framing Nailer before a final decision.
The tool works consistently without giving you headaches. It has a carefully engineered power-to-weight ratio which makes it top in its class. The features you get in F21PL are generally found in higher priced nail guns. You can consider Bostitch framing Nailer for your day-to-day work without any hesitation.